Thanks to technology, travel has become more accessible and easier than ever before. Thousands of apps have been created to alleviate the stresses that come with planning a trip.
What will I pack? Where can I find the cheapest flights? How will I get around? Is it safe where I’m going? The difficult part is deciding which of these apps to give your precious storage space to.
We’ve combined 2018’s top-rated apps for travel and have hand-selected our best-loved! I haven’t included all the big-name such as Expedia, trivago etc because most people are already familiar with them. The best part of all these apps listed is this that they are totally free! Unless you want to be fancy and upgrade to their premium options. We won’t judge.
Here are the top rated travel apps of 2018
- Memrise – Traveling globally can be daunting if you’re unfamiliar with the language of a country or culture. Memrise lets you learn about different languages and cultures on-the-go with classes on broad variety of topics in over 200 languages. Before entering a new country at least learn some new phrases that can help you get around on you travel.
- WiFi Map – Finding WiFi can be quite the struggle when you’re adventuring around the world and let’s be honest, the last thing you need when you get back is roaming charges on your phone bill. WiFi Map highlights hotspots around your current location and provides the password! Of course, remember to be careful what data you access while using public WiFi. Stay safe out there!
- Walc – Walc is the perfect app if you like to explore destinations by walking. Plug in the destination you are heading to and Walc will direct you by using easy-to-spot landmarks to guide your way! That way, if the street signs are confusing, you’ll be able to navigate easier. That’s not all, this app offers a “Pocket Mode” that gives you step-by-step audio directions. Plug in your headphones and you won’t have to keep pulling your phone out of your pocket.
- AirHelp – Have you ever had to cancel a flight last minute and the airline charged you an insane amount of money? This app come to rescue! This amazing app that helps you get paid for your cancelled, delayed, or overbooked flights! The average reimbursement is more than $500 per claim and AirHelp takes a 25% cut. Not a bad deal if you ask us!
- PackPoint – Packing is just another hassle when it comes to travel. Deciding what to pack and creating a list of everything you need, it can be time consuming! But what if you had an app to do that for you? This app allows you to input your destination and travel dates, and it will create a weather-specific packing list for you. PackPoint will also ask you what you plan to do there and create suggestions based on your answer. This time you won’t forget to bring your swim costume!
- TripCase – If you like to plan everything ahead of time, TripCase is perfect for you. Keep track of your itinerary, reservations, and tickets in one simple app. It will track your flights and hotel reservations and update them in real time with changes. Organize your reservations by trip and stay organized with all your upcoming travel.
- UnTappd – Beer drinkers, be happy! This app will connect you with the best local brews on your travel. Discover bars, breweries, and other drinking venues nearby and get opinions on the local beers. Plus, you can create a list of beers you liked so you can reference them later.
There are lot of cool apps which can be pretty useful for your next vacation. If you know any app which deserve to be this list, let us know. Below is one Quote for you.
“Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
So share your story. write to us or comment and we will be glad to connect with you and share your wonderful story of your travel.